Accident Attorney Explains Rear-End Statistics
A rear-end collision is an accident where one driver’s front bumper collides with another driver’s rear bumper. as any car accident attorney can tell you, these accidents are quite common.
For example, the Los Angeles Times recently warned California motorists that unscrupulous insurance cheats felt no compunction about endangering you and your families by staging – or forcing – rear-end collisions to occur for their personal monetary gain. Terming them “swoop-and-squat” crashes, Southern California law enforcement entities have received more than $7 million in grants to crack down on the practice.
Of course, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) notes that rear-end collisions are also a fact of daily driving. the results were sobering.
Accident Attorney | Rear-End Statistics
- Younger drivers are at a higher risk
- Drivers under the age of 18 have the highest likelihood of being involved in a rear-end collision. the age group with the next highest incident rate was the 18 to 24 years old demographic. by and large, drivers under the age of 25 were more likely to strike another driver’s rear bumper with their car.
- Men are more likely to be involved in this type of crash
- About 60.2 percent of drivers causing a rear-end collision are male. Gender is further compounded by age. Young male drivers are more likely to rear-end another motorist than any other demographic.
- Rear-end collisions do a lot of damage
- Nationwide, about 30 percent of crashes are rear-end collisions. They generate 29.7 percent of property damage claims.
While the reasons for rear-end collisions may be as innocuous as a momentary lapse of concentration, there are also times when the driver may be breaking the law by texting. Conversely, it is entirely possible to get caught up in the aforementioned insurance scam currently being practiced in Southern California.
Why hire an accident attorney?
If you are suffering from injuries due to a rear-end collision, it is in your best interest to hire an accident attorney. Whether you were the driver of the second car, the first car, or a passenger in either vehicle. It is crucial that you protect your legal rights. While you may feel fine right after the accident, there are several legal issues to grapple with.
- Legal liability
- Is it possible that the driver in the first car is partially at fault for the rear-end collision. If you were the driver of the second car, this is a crucial question that will determine your legal liability.
- Property damage
- The scratch that does not look like much in the twilight hours may actually require costly repairs at your factory-authorized dealership.
- Personal injuries
- When the adrenaline wears off, you may feel some pain. Depending on the force of the impact, you may suffer from whiplash, which is brought on by the sudden movement of your neck. Soft tissue injuries, carpal tunnel injuries and medical conditions caused by the sudden deployment of air bags may also cause problems.
If you are suffering from injuries due to an a rear-end accident, contact our office today. Consultations with an accident attorney in our office are free!
Suffering from serious injuries due to the negligent actions of another is very difficult. However, getting compensation for those injuries doesn’t have to be. If you need an accident attorney contact us at Silverthorne Attorneys to discuss your case. Consultations with one of our lawyers are free!