On what days and hours do you think the most traffic accidents happen in Orange County, California? Are they on Friday and Saturday nights when people are partying and have had a little too much to drink? The California Highway Patrol answers those questions with the following collision statistics for the county in 2012, which may surprise you. Our Orange County Accident Attorney reveals dangerous driving days as follows:
- The county suffered a total of 9,020 traffic collisions for the year.
- The most dangerous day was Wednesday with 1,504 incidents. Next were Friday with 1,406, and Thursday with 1,395.
- The safest days were Sunday with 975 collision, Saturday with 1,167 and Monday with 1,184. Tuesday fell in the middle of the two extremes with 1,389 incidents.
- The most dangerous hours of the day were from 5 – 6 p.m. with 754 collisions, 6 – 7 p.m. with 723, and 4 – 5 p.m. with 676. These times formed the evening rush hour when the most traffic was on the road and when drivers were likely to be tired and stressed out.As an Orange County accident Attorney we can validate the fact that people get in to accidents when they are tired.
- Collisions for the morning rush hour were not as numerous because drivers were alert and ready for the day. The incidents numbered 219 from 6 – 7 a.m., 525 from 7 – 8 a.m., and 549 from 8 – 9 a.m. That last hour was the highest number of collisions during the morning hours.
- The safest hours of the day were from 5 – 6 a.m. with 55 incidents and from 4 – 5 a.m. with 86.
- The most dangerous day and hour was on Wednesday from 6 – 7 p.m. with 153 collisions.
- The safest day and hour was on Sunday from 5 – 6 a.m. with 9 incidents.
Do Not Face the Insurance Company Alone.
Make Silverthorne Attorneys Your Orange county Accident Attorney Today
Please contact us, your Orange County accident attorneys if you or someone you know became part of these statistics. We’ll fight for your right to receive fair compensation for your problems.