Silverthorne Attorneys Can Help.
Talk to us about your injury now.
Silverthorne Attorneys is a personal injury law firm in Orange County whose top priority and singular focus is the people we represent. We work diligently to make sure that our clients are well taken care of and that their needs are not only met, but come first. Injured now? Do not hesitate to reach out to Silverthorne Attorneys for a free consultation.
Injury Attorney Reveals Crash Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, after four years of decreases, California’s traffic fatalities increased for the first time in 2011, the latest year for which complete statistics were available. As an injury attorney, we know that these statistics are not quite up-to-date, but they are reliable.
California Car, Motorcycle & Truck Accident Statistics
– The state showed 2,791 fatalities for the year, compared to 32,367 deaths for the entire country.
– With 57 percent of the incidents, California cities were more dangerous than rural areas.
– However, rural areas had higher rates per miles driven, with 2.11 fatalities per 100 million vehicle miles driven, compared to 0.61 for cities.
– Only one vehicle was involved in 1,731 of the incidents.
– A large truck factored into 281 incidents. Statistics for truck accidents also reveal that the primary reasons for truck accidents are: traveling too fast for the conditions, unfamiliarity with highway, over-the-counter drug use, inadequate surveillance, fatigue, stress or pressure from carrier, illegal maneuver, inattention and distractions.
– About 1,146 deaths involved leaving the roadway and 716 involved an intersection.
– A Blood Alcohol Count of 0.08 or greater was involved in 774 deaths. Speed was a factor in 890 incidents.
– About 414 motorcyclists and 625 pedestrians were killed.
By county, Los Angeles had the most deaths at 536, followed by San Bernardino at 232, San Diego at 200, Riverside at 198 and Orange at 139.
- From the previous year, Los Angeles County showed a decline in traffic deaths of 5 percent
- Riverside County showed a decline of 2 percent.
- Orange County showed a whopping 32 percent increase in deaths followed by San Diego at 8 percent and San Bernardino at 5 percent.
Suffering from injuries? Contact an injury attorney today!
If you, a family member, or someone you know become part of these statistics for the current year, please contact Silverthorne Attorneys right away. As your personal injury attorney, we’ll fight to ensure that the victim receives justice.