Dogs may be man’s best friend, but that does not always mean they are friendly. With over 57 million American households owning a dog, bites are occurring at an alarming rate, and many attacks come without warning. Hiring a dog bite injury lawyer after an attack, will help get you back on your feet.
If you have been a victim of a Rancho Cucamonga dog bite , there are several tips you need to know.
- Seek immediate medical attention if necessary. Be sure to save all medical bills and pharmacy costs.
- Call the police department to file a report. Give a good description of the dog…breed, color, and size. Also let the officer know where the dog lives and if there were any witnesses.
- The city requires the dog’s owner or the victim to report the incident within 24 hours to the Rancho Cucamonga Animal Care Services Department, Field Services Division at (909) 466-7387.
- Preserve any torn or bloody clothing.
- Photograph any wounds, bruises, etc.
- Save any correspondence from the dog owner’s insurance company.
- Hire a personal injury attorney that handles dog bite claims. Until you do, there are a few things you should never do:
- Never discuss your claim with the insurance company or give an adjustor a written statement because your comments may be used against you at a later time.
- Never allow the adjustor to photograph your injuries.
Are You Suffering from Injuries? Contact a Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Today!
Insurance companies will pay very little if you do not have proper representation. Even if the bite leads to plastic surgery, permanent disability, or post traumatic stress disorder. If you are a victim, contact us today for a free consultation. As your dog bite injury lawyer, we know that this time is very sensitive. Call us today and we will be more than happy to hear your case.