Over the summer police responded to several Fullerton dog bite incidents. A stray pit bull being cared for by a homeless man was taunted by two other men. The dog attacked them causing severed fingers and bite marks on their arms. Sergeant Jeff Stuart provided safety tips in an effort to prevent others from dog bite injuries. If you are suffering from injuries due to a bite, contact a dog attack lawyer at Silverthorne Attorneys today.
Tips to Avoid Dog Bites:
- Avoid antagonizing any animals.
- Pay attention to the demeanor of the animal before approaching.
- Be aware of your surroundings when around an unfamiliar animal.
- Recognize the signs of an aggressive animal such as ears back, showing teeth, and growling.
- In addition, a fearful animal may have hair standing up on the back.
- Be cautious around unfamiliar animals.
- Ask the owner for permission before you approach an animal especially if they are on a leash.
Following the above recommendations will help reduce the likelihood that you are attacked by a dog but it won’t eliminate the possibility completely. If you find yourself the victim of a dog bite you may have significant medical bills and a lengthy recovery in your future. One in five Americans bitten by dogs each year require hospital treatment and tens of thousands need reconstructive surgery. Silverthorne Attorneys recommends the bite location be examined by a physician to determine if nerve damage or bone fractures are present. The wounds should be monitored for infection.
Have You Been Bitten by a Dog? Contact a Dog Attack Lawyer Today!
Don’t hesitate to contact us to learn how we can help you achieve a fair settlement to cover any medical expenses you incur. In addition, it may be possible to recover damages for lost wages, disability, scaring or death. We have aided numerous dog bite victims and have the experience necessary to properly handle your case. Don’t hesitate to contact Silverthorne Attorneys today. There is no cost or obligation.