Silverthorne Attorneys Can Help.
Talk to us about your injury now.
Silverthorne Attorneys is a personal injury law firm in Orange County whose top priority and singular focus is the people we represent. We work diligently to make sure that our clients are well taken care of and that their needs are not only met, but come first. Injured now? Do not hesitate to reach out to Silverthorne Attorneys for a free consultation.
MedPay: What are the Benefits
MedPay Insurance, as defined by the Department of Motor Vehicles, is coverage that helps to pay the medical expenses for those who have been injured due to a car accident – no matter who is at fault. There are many benefits to having MedPay that most people are unaware of. For instance, it not only covers you, the driver and the insured, it also covers your passengers who are hurt at the time of the accident.
Benefits of MedPay
- Helps pay medical bills and moves with you – regardless if you are out of state, riding public transportation, etc.
- Helps to cover medical bills that your health insurance company may not cover – including deductibles and copays
- MedPay does not have a copay or a deductible – Once a year premium (see below)
- Covers a lot of out-of-pocket expenses
- Ambulance fees
- Dental and Prosthetic procedures due to an accident
- Worst Case Scenario – funeral expenses
- Minuscule Premiums
- Depending on which car insurance company you choose, your premium for MedPay Coverage can be as low as $20/yr for up to $10,000 worth of coverage
- It is also good for those drivers who do not currently have health insurance (though we are not suggesting that you substitute health insurance with MedPay Insurance)
- MedPay Insurance is not only referring to the total available coverage – it refers to the amount available to each covered individual injured during the time of the accident
- EX: If you, your spouse, and three children are injured in a car accident – each could collect on the limit of $5,000 – which means that MedPay will cover a total of $25,000 in medical bills.
- Some states have Stacking Auto Coverage – you may be able to stack MedPay coverage by the number of vehicles on your auto policy
- EX: If you have four vehicles insured and you stack $5,000 of MedPay Coverage – you now have a total of $20,000 available to you or other covered individuals on
For more in-depth information, visit the DMV website.
These are just the fine points to introduce you to the benefits of MedPay Insurance. It is recommended that when you are shopping around for car insurance and you are seriously considering MedPay coverage, that you speak with an insurance agent who fully understands what MedPay is and its benefits to you and your family.