After losing a loved one, the last thing on anyone’s mind is whether or not to hire a wrongful death attorney – which is understandable; the unexpected loss of a loved one can be a damaging and horrifying experience. However, if your loved one’s death was due to the result of a third party’s recklessness, you deserve to be compensated. Being left with unpaid medical bills, funeral costs, etc. should not be a burden you should bare if their death was the fault of another. Here are some situations where people have hired a wrongful death attorney:
- Medical Malpractice – studies have shown that the negligent actions (or inaction) in the medical field, is the third leading cause of death in the US. These negligent actions include:
- misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose serious medical conditions, errors or complications during surgery, and treatment errors
- Defective Drugs – this also falls under Medical Malpractice – as medical companies have come under fire recently for not being 100% forthcoming about potential harmful side affects of prescription medications. For example, a drug company may fail to warn their consumers about a potentially fatal interaction between two drugs. Even if the drug is FDA cleared, you have the right to consult with an attorney to discuss the steps you can take to file a suit.
- Accidents or Injuries – these can be anything from car accidents that have been caused by reckless drivers, to workplace deaths caused by unsafe and inhumane working conditions.
- Defective Products – there are countless ways every product can be defectively designed, manufactured, or perhaps even marketed to potential clients that can lead to wrongful deaths. For instance, a crib that may have bars designed too far apart may present a choking hazard. Or a lawnmower without proper instructions or manufacturers warning that may lead to the death of a loved one.
These are just examples of situations where you may find yourself need to consult with a wrongful death attorney. Dealing with the unexpected loss of a loved one is difficult enough, do not take on the burden of additional costs if you do not need to. If you need to consult with an attorney, contact us today. Consultations are free.