Being bitten by a dog can be a traumatic event for anyone. Most of the time, dog bites are unexpected and it’s usually always an animal we are familiar with. Most dogs bite because they feel threatened in some way. Our dog bite lawyer put together some home treatments after a dog bite.
At Home Care
- Place a clean towel over the injury and hold it there tightly to stop any bleeding
- Keep the bitten area elevated
- Wash the bite carefully with soap and water
- Apply a sterile bandage to the wound
- Apply an antibiotic ointment to the injury everyday – such as Neosporin, Polysporin, etc.
Make sure to visit a doctor after you have been bitten. This is not only for you safety – to make sure the injuries heal properly, to make sure that you infections (should there be any) do not spread.
When you visit the Doctor, the doctor will ask you some of the following questions:
- Do you know the owner of the dog?
- If so, do you know if the dog is up to date on all of its vaccinations?
- Why did the dog bite occur?
- Was the dog provoked (by you or anyone/anything else) or was the dog unprovoked?
- What underlying health conditions do you have, if any?
- People with diabetes, liver disease, any illnesses that may suppress the immune system may be at greater risk for a severe infection
The doctor will examine the injury to see whether or not the bite was deep enough to damage muscles, tendons, nerves, or even bones. They will also clean the wound thoroughly in order to remove bacteria and possibly dead skin.
The best time to consult with an attorney is soon after you have been bitten. This way, you know what your options are in regards to getting compensated for any medical bills, pain and suffering, etc.
Suffering from injuries? Contact a dog bite lawyer today!
As someone who is suffering from injuries due to a dog bite, you have rights. You have the right to receive compensation for the damage that was caused to you and/or your family. And that is why hiring a dog bite lawyer in our office is important. We will be able to get you the settlement you truly deserve. Furthermore, you will be able to put all of your focus on healing.
If you or a loved one have been bitten by dog, please contact us today to discuss your case. Consultations are free!