Most people do not know that consulting with a personal injury attorney is free. Most attorneys will not charge you if you want to sit down, meet with them, and discuss your case before they are willing to become your attorney. Here are some steps to help you, should you need to hire a personal injury attorney after an accident:
- The first step is knowing that you need an attorney. The most common case types that personal injury attorneys handle are as follows:
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Rear-end Collisions
- Beyond vehicular injuries and other car related accidents, personal injury attorneys often pursue cases regarding injuries from medical malpractice, nursing home negligence, etc.
- When speaking with a professional injury attorney, and especially during free consultations, it’s important to know what to look for and what to avoid. In a personal injury attorney, you’ll want to find a representative who exhibits:
- Attentiveness to client needs
- Accessibility and positive communication skills
- An ability to convey complex legal processes in a down-to-Earth manner
- Realistic expectations, and the honesty it takes to speak openly about them
- A proactive passion and commitment for your case
Even if you find a personal injury attorney who meets your basic needs, however, there are still warning signs and poor behaviors you might want to watch out for.
Be wary of any attorney who:
- Requires up-front deposits
- Gives unrealistic guarantees
- Fails to follow up on calls or emails
- Neglects court bills
- Read up on your attorney. This is the beast way to get a good idea of what other cases the attorney has handled. Make sure that you have chosen an attorney that has had previous experience with the type of case you have.
These are just a few important tips.
If you have been injured and are in need of a personal injury attorney, contact us today. Consultations are free!