Silverthorne Attorneys Can Help.
Talk to us about your injury now.
Silverthorne Attorneys is a personal injury law firm in Orange County whose top priority and singular focus is the people we represent. We work diligently to make sure that our clients are well taken care of and that their needs are not only met, but come first. Injured now? Do not hesitate to reach out to Silverthorne Attorneys for a free consultation.
Keeping Kids Safe at Disneyland
Seeing all over social media today, it looks to be Mickey Mouse’s Birthday. What better way to celebrate Mickey’s birthday and child safety Friday, other than talking about ways to keep kids safe at Disneyland? Even I have a tendency to get lost, myself, when I am at Disneyland. The last time I went, my sister and her kids were in town and I was meeting them at the park, it took me almost 45 minutes to find them – even with our cell phones. So our injury lawyer has put together some helpful tips for when you are planning your next visit!
- Wear bright colored shirts i
- t may sound cliché to say, but wearing color coordinated bright tops can make a world of a difference in a crowd.
- Take a photo of your children before leaving for the park
- this especially helps if you do not have matching clothes and you do not remember what your child is wearing. If your child happens to wander off, then people will know what to look for and how to spot them based on what they are wearing.
- Use Mabel Labels
- One’s that you can put on the inside of their shirts. You can write things like, “Hi my name is…” “If I’m lost, please call…”
- Buddy system with an adult
- if there is more than one adult within the group, you can assign each child with an adult. This way, if the group ends up getting separated, you know who is responsible for looking after each child.
- Create a meeting spot as soon as you enter the park. Again, this is so if anyone is separated from the group, everyone will know where to meet.
- Rent a stroller
- If you plan on being at the park all day, it will help you to navigate through the crowds perhaps a bit easier. Make sure to add something distinctive to your stroller so that you can easily identify which stroller is yours.
- Talk to your children about how to identify a Cast Member
- most cast members are identifiable to adults. But making sure that your children can identify them is important. And not just those in costumes. Those who are working and walking around the rides and the plaza.
Baby Centers/Lost Child Centers
I was unaware until now, that Disneyland provides centers for children who become lost. Cast members will bring children to specific areas in each park. They also will provide extra diapers, formula, baby supplies, and accommodations for nursing mothers. Inside Disneyland, there is a lost child booth. It is located to the right of the Plaza Restaurant on the Central Plaza end of Main Street USA, right next to First Aid. In California Adventure, it is located to the left of Mission Tortilla Factory, also right next to First Aid.
We hope these tips will help you the next time you make your way to the Happiest Place on Earth!
If you are suffering from injuries, contact an injury lawyer today!
If you or a family member are suffering from injuries due to the negligence of another, contact an injury lawyer at Silverthorne Attorneys. Consultations with one of our attorneys are free!