With today being Cyber Monday and all of the deals that are going on throughout today, ABC7 News has put together some tips to help get through this day without any hassle:
- Be careful of shopping on third-party sites, like Craigslist, eBay, Amazon, etc. This time of year, more and more products are counterfeit items.
- Everything from helmets for children to Christmas tree lights.
- If you do decide to use a third-party site, make sure that there is contact information for the seller.
- Make sure to look to see if they have good or bad reviews and if you do receive something that looks to be counterfeit, contact the seller right away and try to return the item.
- If a deal looks too good to be true, that usually means that it is – so experts say to be careful.
- Go directly to the site of the merchandise you want to purchase – this is probably the best way to purchase at a deal. You may think that third-party dealers will have the best discounts, but this is not always the case.
These are just a few tips. The best we can say is to shop smarter. And make sure that you are getting what you pay for.