At least two people have been seriously injured in a collision involving three vehicles and a school bus this morning in Lake Forest. The California Highway Patrol reports that none of those suffering from injuries were children on the school bus.
“The school bus had seven elementary school aged special needs kids on board, none of which were injured,” California Highway Patrol Agt. Phil Apodaca said.
The call to the CHP occurred just before 8am this morning. The crash happened at the intersection of Muirlands Blvd. and Entrados Drive in Lake Forest.
According to news reports, a mini-van and two smaller vehicles were involved. Three of the people in the other cars were injured, including one adult and one 17-year-old; who both suffered major injuries. The cause of the accident is still under investigation and it is unclear what the severity of the other injuries are.
Lake Forest Car Accident Lawyer | Holiday Safety
As a Lake Forest car accident attorney, we know that this time of year is very hectic to be on the road. With the holidays in full swing, it is best to be extra cautious on the road. Tensions are high and stress is even higher. This time of year is always very hectic for everyone. Please remember to stay safe out there on the roads.
Lake Forest Car Accident Attorney | Staying Safe on the Road During the Holidays
We have put together some holiday driving tips to help get you through the season safe and sound:
- Do not drink and drive! Though this goes for everyday and it seems simple, we know that people have the tendency to drink more during the holidays. A significant amount of fatalities are a direct result or drunk driving. Approximately 42% of New Year’s and 35% of Christmas car accident deaths are alcohol related.
- Make you service your car. Check tire pressure and tread level. Top off or change your oil and other important car fluids. Check your brake before heading out on long road trips.
- Pay attention to road conditions. This is especially important when you are in an area the requires chains.
- Avoid tailgating and following too closely. This is also true all of the time, but it is even more important under certain weather conditions. If the roads are wet, icy, or snowy, you need to make sure that you leave enough room so that you are not the cause of an accident.
- Watch your speed. Driving too fast can be extremely dangerous. Again, especially if the weather conditions are not ideal.
- Free yourself from distractions. We have touched on this before. It is important that you remain focused on the road during the holidays.
- Don’t overpack your car so that you cannot see. A car that is overpacked can impact your ability to see out the back window, which can create dangerous blind spots.
These are just a few tips we have come up with on how to make sure your holidays are safe on the road.
Consultations with a Lake Forest car accident lawyer are free!