Silverthorne Attorneys Can Help.
Talk to us about your injury now.
Silverthorne Attorneys is a personal injury law firm in Orange County whose top priority and singular focus is the people we represent. We work diligently to make sure that our clients are well taken care of and that their needs are not only met, but come first. Injured now? Do not hesitate to reach out to Silverthorne Attorneys for a free consultation.
How to Choose the Right Personal Injury Attorney
As a Laguna Niguel personal injury lawyer, we know that looking for a bodily injury attorney that is right for you and your needs, can be a rather tasking experience. And we are here for you every step of the way. As a personal injury attorney in Laguna Niguel, we understand that there are so many questions that people have when it comes to hiring the right personal injury attorney, so we have put together a few ways to make your search for the right personal injury lawyer less stressful.
How to Choose the Right Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Needs
Understand WHY You Need a Personal Injury Attorney
A personal injury attorney in Laguna Niguel is different from all other types of attorneys because their experience and expertise is in a specific area of law. For instance, if you have been injured due to the negligence of another, if you have allegedly injured another, you will want a lawyer who is well versed in the laws according to your state. Most bodily injury lawyers have experience in the following:
Experience in negotiating and mediation
Experience in understanding medical diagnoses and processes associated with other personal injuries
In depth understanding of how insurance companies work
Personal Injury Attorney – Researching Lawyer Candidates
Making a list of what you are looking for in a personal injury attorney. The following list will help you search for lawyers that meet your criteria:
- Location: find a personal injury attorney who is licensed to practice in the state you were injured. Staying local is no problem, as Silverthorne Attorneys is a personal injury attorney in Laguna Niguel.
- Areas of Practice: most personal injury attorneys have certain areas of law they focus on. If you have been injured by a defective product, you want to find a bodily injury lawyer who is well versed in the law as it pertains to negligence.
- Reputation: using Google to find your nearest Orange County personal injury attorney is easy – with the internet, it is easy to look for and choose a lawyer with a positive reputation.
- How Long Have They Been in Practice?: depending on the complexity of your case, look for a lawyer that has been involved and won cases that are similar to yours and have had years of experience doing so.
- Disciplinary Record: you will want to see if the bodily injury lawyer you are thinking of hiring has ever had a complaint filed against them, if they have ever been suspended or disbarred. In the state of California, you can go to the California State Bar Website, type in your attorney’s bar number – or name – and see if there are any past or present transgressions.
- Trial Experience: Not all personal injury cases go to trial, most are settled in mediation or with a settlement, but you will want to find an personal injury attorney in Laguna Niguel who is not afraid to go to trial if needed.
Laguna Niguel Personal Injury Lawyer – Ask For Personal Referrals
Once you have your checklist complete of the qualities you are looking for in a Laguna Niguel personal injury lawyer, you will want to ask friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, etc. if they know any good attorneys that are aligned with what you are looking for in an attorney. Beginning the process by looking for personal referrals because these are usually attorneys who have the best reputations and are trustworthy,
Personal Injury Attorney in Laguna Niguel – Contacting and Meeting With Top Choices
Before meeting with your top bodily injury attorney, prepare a number of questions you want to focus on, and any other questions you may feel are appropriate during your initial consultation. Some common questions that we see are as follows:
- What are your areas of expertise?
- Have you taken cases on that are similar to mine? If so, how many? What was the outcome?
- Are you the only personal injury attorney that will be working on my case? If not, who else will be working on my case?
- What is your fee? Do you charge on a continent fee basis?
- How confident are you in my case? Do you think that I have a good case/are you confident that you can get me a satisfactory settlement?
These are of course only a few suggestions that we may want to ask your Laguna Niguel personal injury lawyer. You may come up with other questions that you may need your bodily injury lawyer to answer for you.
Bodily Injury Lawyer Silverthorne Attorneys
Hiring a personal injury attorney in Laguna Niguel does not need to be a struggle. If you have been injured and are in need of a bodily injury attorney, please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your case. Consultations are free!