As unfortunate as it may be, sometimes dog bites do happen. Even if your dog is not known for biting, a San Clemente dog bite attorney can tell you that we see many dog bite cases that involve animals that most of our clients are familiar with. As the local San Clemente dog bite attorney, we have put together a list of ways to help pet parents avoid an attack.
- When you adopt from an animal shelter or a breeder, make sure they can fill you in on the dog’s background, personality, and behavior with other animals and people.
- Spay or neuter the dog as soon as possible – if your dog has not already been done so. Spayed or neutered animals are less likely to bite.
- Socialize your dog – take your dog to the dog park or dog beach and let them be around other animals and humans. Socialized dogs are less likely to be aggressive.
- Do not wait for a serious accident to happen – the first time your dog shows aggressive behavior towards another dog or human, seek professional help from a Certified Applied Animal Behaviorist.
- Be aware of your dog’s triggers. Every San Clemente dog attack lawyer suggests that you know what can possibly trigger your dog’s aggression. Injury, sickness, unexpected touching, unfamiliar places and crowds, etc.
- Always supervise children and dogs. Make sure the children are not in the dogs’ face. Teach your children to be gentle and give the dog space when it needs.
- As a San Clemente dog attack lawyer we always suggest that you do not let your dog roam alone.
- Make sure to license your dog – as it is required by law and provide regular veterinary care, including rabies shots.
If you have been injured by a dog and need a San Clemente personal injury attorney to be your dog attack lawyer, contact us today. Consultations are free!
Have you been injured in a traffic collision, dog attack, or bicycle accident? If you or a loved one have suffered from serious injuries,...