This time of year there is generally a surge in people visiting dog parks in San Clemente. Your San Clemente dog attack lawyer knows that there are some things people do not do at dog parks. There is a certain etiquette that needs to be followed when at the dog park. San Clemente dog bite attorney Silverthorne Attorneys has put together some dog park safety tips; for when you take the dog to the park. If you are suffering from injuries due to a bite, you have rights. Contact a San Clemente dog attack lawyer today. We are here to help you with your case!
San Clemente dog bite lawyer | Dog Park Safety Tips
- Choose the right dog park for you. Not all dog parks are off-leash dog parks, so make sure that you choose one that is right for you and your pet. Most off-leash dog parks should have the following:
- A double gated entry, with secure fencing and rules of the park posted for everyone to see
- There should be well-stocked poop-bag-dispensers and trash cans around the park
- Separate areas for small and large dogs
- A sheltered/shady area with seating
- Dog-friendly water fountains
- Make sure your dog has received and is up to date on their vaccinations before taking them to the park. If your dog happens to be involved in a fight with another dog at the park, you will be required to show proof.
- Make sure your pet is responsive to the basic obedience commands that you have trained them for. Sit, stay, leave it, etc.
- San Clemente dog bite lawyer | Bring the following supplies with you:
- Poop bags – just in case not enough are provided
- Cell phone in case you have to make emergency calls
- Something to break up a fight, perhaps an airhorn
- Be aware of the differences in play and aggression in animals.
- A dog showing aggression often has a stiff stance, hair goes up, and starts growling.
- Our San Clemente dog bite attorney suggests that, if your dog is being aggressive towards other dogs during play, it is best to remove your dog and try to go back another day.
We hope these tips help you on your next trip to the dog park.
Suffering from injuries? Contact a San Clemente dog attack lawyer today!
If you are suffering from injuries due to a dog bite, contact a San Clemente personal injury attorney today. We know that this time is incredibly difficult for you and your family. Your San Clemente dog bite attorney is here to make sure you get the care you need. We will not be fooled by the insurance adjusters and we will not settle for less than what you deserve. Every San Clemente dog attack lawyer in our office will fight for you. Your San Clemente dog bite lawyer is here to take the burden off of your shoulders so you can focus on healing.
Consultations with a San Clemente dog bite attorney are free!
Have you been injured in a traffic collision, dog attack, or bicycle accident? If you or a loved one have suffered from serious injuries,...
Choosing the right dog bite attorney empathizes and understands your needs is a difficult task. Especially if you have just been bitten and are unsure of what...