Silverthorne Attorneys Can Help.
Talk to us about your injury now.
Silverthorne Attorneys is a personal injury law firm in Orange County whose top priority and singular focus is the people we represent. We work diligently to make sure that our clients are well taken care of and that their needs are not only met, but come first. Injured now? Do not hesitate to reach out to Silverthorne Attorneys for a free consultation.
How to Break Up a Dog Fight in San Juan Capistrano
When it comes down to it, we all hope that we never have to witness or break up a dog fight. San Juan Capistrano dog bite attorney, Silverthorne Attorneys knows that breaking up a dog fight can be tricky and dangerous. San Juan Capistrano dog bite lawyer, Silverthorne Attorneys knows that breaking up a dog fight has its risks. First, you have to have a lot of experience with dogs and aggressive behavior. So we have put together a list of Do’s and Don’ts when it comes to breaking up a dog fight.
- Go For the Collar – One of the biggest mistakes you can make while trying to break up a a dog fight is attempt to grab their collar. This is because you are putting your hands directly in the line of fire of their mouths. When they are in the middle of a fight, they are unaware of everything else that is going on around them.
- Kick the Attacking Dog – Do not break up a dog fight by using force – this attempt will not work. It will actually do quite the opposite and it will fuel the aggressive dog’s behavior. If a dog feels a kick to the body, it will more often than not increase the intensity of the attack.
- Use Pepper Spray – Mace and pepper spray are never to be used when trying to break up a dog fight. Make or pepper spray can cause itching, burning, swelling of they eyes, nose, and throat. These products have the potential to kill a dog. Because it can be difficult to aim in the midst of a dog attack, you could severely hurt or kill one of the animals.
- Go For the Leash – Though grabbing the leash may seem like a good way to distract and pull your dog off of another dog, it’s actually counterproductive. If you pull on the leash it can actually cause you and/or the dog great harm. If one of the dogs happens to bite down on the leash, a simple bite could turn into a deep wound.
- Do Use the Wheelbarrow Method – The wheelbarrow method is probably the most effective way to stop a dog fight. While this method is easier and more effective with two people, if you are alone, go for the aggressor – the dog putting out the most effort in the fight. Grab the dog as if you are grabbing a wheelbarrow, with his hind legs as the handle. ONLY do this if you can safely grab the hind feet and are able to pull backwards. This will make the dog feel off-balance and will effectively prevent them from being about to further attack. This move will likely end a dog fight because the dog will lose their footing because of being off balance.
If you have been injured by a dog and need a San Juan Capistrano personal injury attorney to be your dog attack lawyer, contact us today. Consultations are free!