Many dog bites cases that involve children can actually be avoided. It is the responsibility of the parents to teach their children to respect animals and not taunt or tease them. Even though some family dogs will tolerate and put up with certain behaviors from the little ones, some dogs may not. Below, San Clemente dog bite attorney, Silverthorne Attorneys, has put together some things to remember about how children SHOULD interact with dogs.
- Teach your child to be polite and kind to pets.
- Teach your children how to recognize when a dog is scared or anxious.
- Play appropriate games with your pets like:
- Training tricks
- rollover, shake, beg, etc.
- Take your dog for walks and runs – it helps them to release energy
- Play hide-and-seek
- Always remember to:
- supervise all interactions – accidents can and do happen in a split second
- train your dog to associate children with positive experiences so they will be more tolerable of the children
If you have been injured by San Clemente personal injury attorney a dog and need a to be your dog attack lawyer, contact us today. Consultations are free!
Silverthorne Attorneys | Orange County Dog Bite Lawyers Why Choose Our Orange County Dog Bite Attorney? Choosing the right Orange County dog bite...
Have you been injured in a traffic collision, dog attack, or bicycle accident? If you or a loved one have suffered from serious injuries,...