It is estimated that 4.7 million people are bitten by dogs every year. It is not surprising that children are the most common victims, with about 600,000 children requiring medical attention for dog attacks each year. Mission Viejo dog bite attorney, Silverthorne Attorneys, knows that most dog bites – especially involving children – are completely preventable. So we have put together some helpful tips to prevent dog bites!
- Choose Your Family Dog Wisely – Pick a dog that will be a good match for you and your family life. Going to the animal shelter and making sure that the animal you choose is a perfect fit is a wonderful tip.
- Socialize Your Pet – After you bring your pet home, gradually begin to expose your dog to a variety of people and other animals so they feel at ease in every situation; it is wise to continue to expose your dog to these elements even as they grow older.
- Make Sure to Train Your Dog – Training your dog on certain commands will not only help build obedience, but it will help to build trust between you and your animal.
- Get Fixed – Neuter or spay your dog. These dogs are less likely to bite because they will not be fueled by their hormones.
- If a Dog is Aggressive, Remain Calm – Avoid eye contact, stand still or back away slowly until the dog decides to leave. If you are knocked down, curl yourself into a ball and protect your face with your arms and fists. Teach your kids to do the same.
If you or your child is bitten, request a proof of rabies and all other necessary vaccinations from the dog’s owner. Make sure to also get the owner’s name, contact information and consult with a doctor.
If you have been injured by a dog and need a Mission Viejo personal injury attorney to be your dog attack lawyer, contact us today. Consultations are free!
Silverthorne Attorneys | Orange County Dog Bite Lawyers Why Choose Our Orange County Dog Bite Attorney? Choosing the right Orange County dog bite...
As a Mission Viejo injury lawyer, Silverthorne Attorneys has experience in handling a variety of personal injury case . Having worked in the personal injury...