Just like humans, animals get sick and the vet bill can be expensive. A dog attack attorney at Silverthorne Attorneys knows that pets are family members as well. Their health is just as important as our own. And sometimes, as any dog attack lawyer can tell you, that with vet bills on the rise, most pet parents are not able to cover the unexpected costs. This is the reason that pet insurance was invented. A dog bite attorney can tell you that pet insurance is perfect for the those mishaps and illnesses that you cannot plan for. A dog bite lawyer at Silverthorne Attorneys knows that if you have pet insurance during these instances, the insurance company will reimburse you for up to 90% of your vet bill. If you are suffering from injuries due to a dog bite, contact dog bite injury attorney Silverthorne Attorneys today! Consultations are free!
Dog Attack Attorney Answers: Who is Pet Insurance For?
To be honest, as a dog attack attorney, we believe that anyone who owns a pet should have pet insurance. Pet insurance is essentially for those who consider their animals to be a family member. If that is the case, as a dog attack lawyer, we strongly suggest that you acquire pet insurance. And here is why:
Dog Attack Lawyer | What is Covered?
Believe it or not, there are many different pet insurance companies. Different companies offer an array of coverage. Some important things to look out for when looking for pet insurance:
- What is the deductible? When shopping for pet insurance, like health insurance, as a dog attack attorney, we always suggest you check the amount you are responsible for paying before the benefits kick in. Deductibles can be paid annually or they can be paid per incident.
- What is the reimbursement level? You can usually expect the percentage of the remaining costs (after deductible) to be covered by the pet insurance company. What is neat about this is, you have the opportunity to choose the reimbursement level. Typically you can choose from 70%, 80%, 90%. With higher reimbursements, monthly premiums will be more expensive.
- Check the Limits on Benefits: Some insurance companies have no annual of lifetime limits on the amount they will pay in order to cover your vet bills. What is good about that is the coverage will not top out if your pet suffers from a serious illness or injury.
- Check Coverage Exclusions: It is important when shopping for pet insurance to check for a company that will cover all accidents and illnesses. You want to make sure that the insurance company will not exclude conditions based on the breed.
Dog Bite Attorney | What is Not Covered?
First thing to note about all pet insurance policies is that no policy will cover pre-existing conditions. Policies also will not cover wellness checks. Those trips to the vet for an annual exam and any necessary vaccines. If companies do offer wellness checks, it is likely that your costs to the insurance company will be the same or perhaps even higher than what you would pay at the vet. Pet insurance is mostly for unplanned, unexpected accidents. Dog bite attorney Silverthorne Attorneys wants to let you know that pet insurance does not cover the following:
- Inhumane Treatment: This includes procedures that are not necessary. Such as tail docking, ear cropping, claw removal, etc.
- Pre-existing Conditions: No pet insurance plan will cover pre-existing conditions. These are conditions that occur before coverage begins or during a waiting period. It will no longer be considered a pre-existing condition if it is cured and the animal is free of treatment and symptoms for 180 days.
- Miscellaneous Treatment: This includes costs of breeding, pregnancy, boarding, time and travel to the clinic, vaccinations, grooming, etc.
Suffering from Injuries? Contact a Dog Bite Lawyer
When it comes to suffering from a dog bite, a dog bite injury attorney knows that healing should be your first focus. As a dog attack attorney in Orange County, we are here to help those who suffer from injuries. Contact a dog attack lawyer in our office. In addition to helping you get the settlement you deserve for your injuries, we are sympathetic to your case. We are here to help you. Every dog bite attorney in our office will put your needs first. We will not back down to insurance adjusters when they try to take advantage. Contact a dog attack lawyer in our office today. Consultations are free!