Silverthorne Attorneys Can Help.
Talk to us about your injury now.
Silverthorne Attorneys is a personal injury law firm in Orange County whose top priority and singular focus is the people we represent. We work diligently to make sure that our clients are well taken care of and that their needs are not only met, but come first. Injured now? Do not hesitate to reach out to Silverthorne Attorneys for a free consultation.
Car Accident Lawyer | How to Have a Safe Halloween
I know, I know. Halloween isn’t for twelve more days. However, I also know that there will be Halloween parties as early as this weekend. That is why I thought it would be a good idea to write about how to have a safe and fun halloween with your children. As any auto accident attorney can tell you, most children look forward to this time of year all month. Getting dressed up and getting candy and seeing other kids dressed up is really a wonderful experience for children of all ages. But we also have to remember that it is important to practice safety when it comes to Halloween and trick-or-treating. Below, you will our car accident lawyer has put together some helpful tips on how to have a fun and safe Halloween with your kids!
Auto Accident Attorney | How to Have a Safe Halloween
Kids love to go trick-or-treating. It’s such a wonderful past time for them. And they look forward to it every year. That is why we want to make sure that everyone has the right tools to keep them safe this Halloween. From finding the right costume to other little advice to help keep an eye out this year. We ask, we have answer. Every auto accident attorney in Orange County can tell you that Halloween is popular all throughout Southern California. And safety is our number one priority.
It’s all About Costume Safety!
Our kids want to have fun. We want them to be safe. So, there has to be a little bit of compromise. You want to provide your children with a costume that is fun but also one that will be visible during the evening. This includes bright colors, costumes that have reflective parts or tape can ensure that your child can easily be seen at night. However, if your child chooses a darker costume, you can always add reflective tape to it.
The next step is to make sure that the costume fits properly. You don’t want a costume that is too big because them your child can trip over it and may fall. In this way, you also want to make sure that your children are not wearing masks that will obscure their vision. This can be extremely difficult, our car accident lawyer knows, but safety comes first. Try to keep sharp objects that may accidentally stab someone at home.
Use non-toxic makeup. This is important! One year, my sister and her friend used nail polish on my face in order to complete my clown costume. My poor mom had to scrub my face with a washcloth for hours to get it off. Make sure that the products you are using on your children are safe.
One of the things our car accident lawyer sees every year around this time of year is that people on the roads aren’t always paying attention to the kids trick-or-treating. We like to think of it this way: road, driveway, path safety. Children must be visible to cars at all times. Furthermore, children must be able to see where they are walking. For instance, some paths leading up to a house are poorly lit, have stairs and uneven surfaces that kids can trip on. When it gets dark out during the festivities, make sure that they have some source of light. Whether it’s a cool flashlight to hold onto or a head light. Here are some helpful tips
- as mentioned above, you can give your child a cool flashlight. Flashlights are an essential part of trick-or-treating; especially if you are going to be out past dark. You can actually buy special Halloween flashlights so they will be more excited and more likely to carry with them;
- glow sticks are another really cool addition to their costume that helps with adding light;
- though they should not be used to replace a flashlight, they are a wonderful addition that will make them more visible at nighttime;
- discourage kids from using their skateboards
- this will likely be an unpopular suggestion however, it is for everyone’s safety.
Additional Safety Tips
Our auto accident attorney has also put together a list of ways to keep kids safe in other ways:
- be considerate of physical as well as emotional safety issues
- younger children may be a little more scared of certain Halloween displays, much more so than older children;
- if you are not going to go trick-or-treating with your kids, make sure you know where they intend to go and if they are in a group, make sure there is a responsible adult;
- trick-or-treat with younger children
- young children who are under the age of 9 should be accompanied by an adult or an older teen sibling when trick-or-treating;
- if there is a larger group of kids in the neighborhood going, it may be a wiser choice to go with them. There is always safety in numbers’
- don’t allow children to enter any houses
- one year when I was going trick-or-treating with my sister, her kids, and her friends’ kids, one of the little girls just walked right into one of the houses and sat on the couch and started watching television. Luckily this was in an area we knew and were comfortable with. However, make sure that your children know that it is not acceptable to enter a stranger’s home;
- set up a route and a place and time to return
- consider getting walkie-talkies
- this will be fun for kids who are a little older and are going trick-or-treating with their friends. Or even kids who get lost in another group
Car Accident Lawyer | Have Fun & Be Safe!
It is entirely possible to have fun and be safe this Halloween. As auto accident attorneys, we know that this is a very exciting time for kids and often a stressful time for parents. Making sure that they are safe while having fun is top priority!
With that being said, we want to make sure that you know or your family have been injured and need of a car accident lawyer, contact us. Consultations with an auto accident attorney in our office are free!
And you won’t have to worry about paying anything up front. We work on a contingency fee basis only. This means that you we do not charge by the hour, nor do we ask that you pay us up front. We get paid when you get paid. This is because we want to make sure you are able to receive the best possible care for your injuries so you can get your life back on track.
If you have been injured in an accident and you need an auto accident attorney in Orange County, contact Silverthorne Attorneys today! We will gladly answer all of your questions and take the burden of your case off of your shoulders!