Silverthorne Attorneys Can Help.
Talk to us about your injury now.
Silverthorne Attorneys is a personal injury law firm in Orange County whose top priority and singular focus is the people we represent. We work diligently to make sure that our clients are well taken care of and that their needs are not only met, but come first. Injured now? Do not hesitate to reach out to Silverthorne Attorneys for a free consultation.
The Truth About Insurance Adjusters
As our accident lawyer has discussed before, insurance adjusters are not on your side. In fact, insurance companies are not on your side, or even the side of the people they cover. The only thing they care about is making sure they are making money. Even if that means that you are out on the settlement you deserve. Below, we are going to go over some things you should know about insurance adjusters, as well as why you should not be talking to them on your own. That is why you have an car accident attorney; we will deal with them. Our accident lawyers have years of experience dealing with insurance adjusters and their bullying tactics. We will never back down when they are being unfair.
Car Accident Attorney | Dealing with Adjusters
No one knows more about how unfair insurance companies are like an accident lawyer. Not only that, but they are notorious for being bullies. That is why we say hiring a car accident attorney is the best course of action. Because your attorney will deal with them so you don’t have to. However, if it is absolutely necessary for you to interact with adjusters, we have some tips for you.
A Few Things to Remember
As stated above, insurance companies are only out to save themselves money. Just like anything else, the insurance companies are a business, and their business comes from paying out as little as possible. This is how they make their money. Even if that means that you are not getting what you rightfully pay for and deserve after an accident. Insurance companies want to protect their profits. That is why they prefer to deal with you and not a car accident attorney. They know if you hire an attorney to represent you in your accident claim, you are more likely to get the settlement you deserve.
- You don’t need to give a recorded statement ever. Most of the time when insurance adjusters contact you, they will tell you that they are calling on a recorded line. You have the right to tell them to contact you on an unrecorded line as it is NOT mandatory for them to record your statement. If they do contact you, however, we encourage you to tell them to contact your car accident attorney to speak with them;
- Never settle immediately! When you have an accident lawyer at Silverthorne Attorneys working for you, you will never have to worry about this. Most insurance companies will put the pressure on to settle quickly. Again, this is because they want to pay you as little as possible. We believe that we will never have a complete understanding of the compensation you need until you complete medical treatment. This is why we wait until after you are done with treatment to demand your case.
Accident Lawyer | Some Helpful Tips
We did some research about the tricky ways adjusters are trained to hear for certain things and interpret them their own way. Below is a list:
- Saying “Nowhere” – If you tell an insurance adjuster that it seemed that the other car “came out of nowhere” that can take that to mean that you were not paying attention. Therefore, suggesting that you were at fault;
- “They had to have been speeding” – Never assume that someone was speeding. Again, it screams that you were not paying attention. Adjusters take detailed notes of everything you tell them and later on, these off-hand comments may come back to haunt you when it comes time for negotiations;
- “My light turned green, so I just went” – But, did you look both ways to make sure there weren’t other cars coming? Again, even if the accident is another person’s fault, anything you say can either be misconstrued or will be used against you;
You never want to say too much to an adjuster. As your accident lawyer, we always tell our clients not to speak to insurance companies. We will do that for them. If an insurance adjuster contacts one of our clients, we always tell them to have the adjuster to contact us.
If you need more information on adjusters, see our article What Does an Insurance Adjuster Do?.
If you are suffering from injuries due to an accident, contact a car accident attorney in our office as soon as possible. Not only are consultations free, but we will take the burden of the case off of your shoulders. You should not have to deal with the bullying tactics of insurance adjusters. Let Silverthorne Attorneys handle it for you!