Silverthorne Attorneys Can Help.
Talk to us about your injury now.
Silverthorne Attorneys is a personal injury law firm in Orange County whose top priority and singular focus is the people we represent. We work diligently to make sure that our clients are well taken care of and that their needs are not only met, but come first. Injured now? Do not hesitate to reach out to Silverthorne Attorneys for a free consultation.
Tips for Avoiding Dog Bites
Over the summer police responded to several Fullerton dog bite incidents. A stray pit bull being cared for by a homeless man was taunted by two other men. The dog attacked them causing severed fingers and bite marks on their arms. Sergeant Jeff Stuart provided safety tips in an effort to prevent others from dog bite injuries. If you are suffering from injuries due to a bite, contact a dog attack lawyer at Silverthorne Attorneys today.
Tips to Avoid Dog Bites:
- Avoid antagonizing any animals.
- Pay attention to the demeanor of the animal before approaching.
- Be aware of your surroundings when around an unfamiliar animal.
- Recognize the signs of an aggressive animal such as ears back, showing teeth, and growling.
- In addition, a fearful animal may have hair standing up on the back.
- Be cautious around unfamiliar animals.
- Ask the owner for permission before you approach an animal especially if they are on a leash.
Following the above recommendations will help reduce the likelihood that you are attacked by a dog but it won’t eliminate the possibility completely. If you find yourself the victim of a dog bite you may have significant medical bills and a lengthy recovery in your future. One in five Americans bitten by dogs each year require hospital treatment and tens of thousands need reconstructive surgery. Silverthorne Attorneys recommends the bite location be examined by a physician to determine if nerve damage or bone fractures are present. The wounds should be monitored for infection.
Have You Been Bitten by a Dog? Contact a Dog Attack Lawyer Today!
Don’t hesitate to contact us to learn how we can help you achieve a fair settlement to cover any medical expenses you incur. In addition, it may be possible to recover damages for lost wages, disability, scaring or death. We have aided numerous dog bite victims and have the experience necessary to properly handle your case. Don’t hesitate to contact Silverthorne Attorneys today. There is no cost or obligation.
Tips for San Bernardino Dog Bite Victims
With 56.7 million households in the United States owning at least one dog, bites are on the rise and California is no exception. That is why hiring a dog bite injury attorney is so vital. We can help preserve your rights so that you can concentrate on healing.
While a dog of any shape or size can bite, some breeds are more prone to it than others.
Dog Bite Injury Attorney | Top 10 Dangerous Dog Breeds:
- Pit bulls
- German shepherds
- Alaskan malamutes
- Chow Chows
- Pressa canarios
Dog bites occur every seventy-five seconds. More than half of the incidents happen on the owner’s property. Many victims are children with facial wounds, and it is the fifth leading reason they are treated in emergency rooms. It is important to teach them never to approach a dog they do not know. They should also never disturb a sleeping dog or one that is eating.
Being attacked by a dog is frightening. If you or your child are a San Bernardino dog bite victim, there are several steps you should follow.
- Report it to the San Bernardino police department or animal control . The more information you can provide, the better your case will be. Keep a copy of the report.
- Seek medical attention if necessary. Animal bites need to be closely watched because they can easily become infected.
- Take pictures of the bite(s), ripped clothing, and if possible, the dog.
- Hire a reputable attorney. He or she will talk to the insurance company on your behalf.
- Save copies of all medical bills.
Dog bites can leave permanent injuries and cause emotional stress. Without legal representation, you will not get the settlement you deserve. Contact us today to discuss your case.