Silverthorne Attorneys Can Help.
Talk to us about your injury now.
Silverthorne Attorneys is a personal injury law firm in Orange County whose top priority and singular focus is the people we represent. We work diligently to make sure that our clients are well taken care of and that their needs are not only met, but come first. Injured now? Do not hesitate to reach out to Silverthorne Attorneys for a free consultation.
How to Avoid a Dog Bite in Huntington Beach
With more and more people owning dogs, attacks are on the rise and account for over 90% of all animal bites. The most common victims are children, followed by men. Hiring a dog bite attorney at Silverthorne Attorneys will greatly increase your ability to receive a decent settlement.
When a dog sinks its teeth into someone’s skin, it is the pressure their jaw applies that can cause significant damage to blood vessels, bones, nerves, and tendons. This kills 15-20 people yearly, and approximately 30,000 victims are sent to operating rooms in need of reconstructive surgery.
If you are bitten by a dog, you should seek medical attention if the wound is open or if there is any pain at or near the affected site. Take photos of your injury as quickly as possible and file a police report.
Dog Bite Attorney | Preventing dog bites in Huntington Beach:
- Spay or neuter your dog to lessen the chances of aggression.
- Curl into a ball and do not move if a dog knocks you to the ground.
- When confronted by a dog, never look directly into its eyes. He may think this is a challenge for power.
- Never approach a dog you do not know, especially if it is chained or behind a fence.
- Never break up a fight between dogs.
- Toss an object such as your jacket away from you if you feel threatened. He should be interested in sniffing the item allowing you to slowly walk away.
Whether you are out for a jog, a walk around the block, or visiting a friend, a dog may bite you no matter what precautions you take. If you have been the victim of a dog bite, contact us today to discuss your case.