What to Expect from Your Car Accident Lawyer
A lot of people decide to handle their accident claims on their own. Though it can and is done, most of the time people find that they are not getting the compensation they deserve. However, having an accident attorney on your side who will take your case will ensure that you are treated fairly by the insurance companies. and just as there are some things that your car accident lawyer expects of you, you should know what to expect from your car accident lawyer. Below, are some things you can expect from your car accident lawyer at Silverthorne Attorneys. If you have been injured due to the negligent actions, contact us at (949) 234-6034 to discuss your case. Consultations are free!
What to Expect from a Car Accident Lawyer
I know a lot of people make the choice to not seek out a car accident lawyer after they have been injured in an accident. I also know that one of the reasons people do not hire an accident attorney is because they are afraid it will cost too much. However, we have some good news. Every car accident lawyer at Silverthorne Attorneys works on a contingency fee basis. This means that we don’t require any fees upfront. We get paid when your case settles.
Once you choose to work with an auto accident lawyer in our office, you can expect the following:
- A free consultation to go over the facts of your case;
- We will take over all communication with the other parties
- This includes the defendant’s (at-fault) insurance company, any witnesses, etc. to the incident;
- We will obtain all of the necessary information for your case
- Medical records
- Medical bills
- Accident report
- Witness statements, etc.
- A car accident lawyer in our office will conduct their own investigation into the cause of the accident
- That can mean visiting the site of the accident, hiring expert witnesses, etc.
- When we put your demand for settlement together, we will determine the full cost of the following:
- Medical treatment
- Loss of wages
- Pain and suffering
- Once an offer has been made by the insurance company, we will then begin negotiations
- This will be especially important in the event that the insurance companies do not come back with an amount that will be adequate for your injuries.
How Often You Can Expect to Hear from Your Car Accident Lawyer
We know that this time is very stressful for you and your family. and as your car accident lawyer we are here to help you with any questions or concerns you have about your case. That being said, we like to keep a line of open communication with our clients. Meaning, if there are any new developments in your case, we will keep you updated.
We have heard of firms that will negotiate and then accept an offer from the insurance company before consulting with or speaking with their client. However, the attorneys in our office never do this. We believe that you have a right to kn0w the details of your case and how it is unfolding and what the insurance companies are offering. the lawyers at Silverthorne Attorneys are here to help and serve you. and it is our goal to make sure you get the settlement that you need in order to get your life back on track.
How You Can Help | Your Part
There are many things that you can do to help with the outcome of your case. Luckily, everything we are about to list below are things that you likely will already be doing.
- Continue and finish treatment
- This is actually one of the most important steps to take because continuing and finishing treatment will help your car accident lawyer obtain a decent settlement for you
- By not getting the proper medical treatment and stopping short will tell the at-fault’s insurance company that you are not seriously injured.
- Rental car
- A lot of our clients have concerns about rental cars when their car is in the shop being repaired. This is an expense that you will have to pay for out of pocket, however, you will be reimbursed for that when we put your settlement demand together and send over to the insurance company.
- Avoid discussing the details of the case with anyone other than your doctors and your attorney. You want to especially avoid talking to the defendant’s insurance company.
Accident Attorney | Helpful Tips
As your attorney, we will make sure that all of the paperwork and heavy lifting so-to-speak is done for you. All you need to do during this time is focus on your medical treatment. Below, we have put together a few suggestions that we believe will help your claim run smoothly.
- Never sign a document pertaining to your case without consulting with your car accident lawyer first
- Insurance adjusters know that you have an attorney and should never be contacting you for any reason. However, they have been known to go around attorneys sometimes and will try to get you to sign paperwork to settle your claim.
- Notify your car accident lawyer once you have completed your treatment
- This is because then we can order the necessary medical records and bills and put a demand for settlement together.
- Do not change doctors without notifying your attorney
- This is because we need to know all of the medical professionals that are treating you.
Throughout this entire process there needs to be an open line of communication between your attorney and you.
Remember, though this process can seem daunting, it doesn’t have to be. as your car accident lawyers in Orange County, we are here to make sure that this is a painless process for you and your family.
Every attorney in our office believes that you deserve the best quality of care and treatment. and that is what Silverthorne Attorneys provides for all of they clients.
If you are suffering from injuries due to a car accident, please do not hesitate to reach out to our office. We are here to help and take the burden off of your shoulders.
Contact our office for a free consultation.