Silverthorne Attorneys Can Help.

Talk to us about your injury now.

Silverthorne Attorneys is a personal injury law firm in Orange County whose top priority and singular focus is the people we represent. We work diligently to make sure that our clients are well taken care of and that their needs are not only met, but come first. Injured now? Do not hesitate to reach out to Silverthorne Attorneys for a free consultation.

feature image

Huntington Beach Bike Accident Kills One

Huntington Beach bike accident on Labor Day has claimed the life of a 55-year-old local resident.

Calls came into 911 at approximately 6:30 p.m. on the evening of September 1. Responding officers from the Huntington Beach Police Department found passersby trying to attend to the cyclist on the road. He was transported to the UCI Medical Center where he passed away, according to the coroner’s office.

Law enforcement believes that the cyclist had been proceeding southbound on a motorized bike along Bolsa Chica Road near Kona Drive. A white 2013 Mercedes was also southbound when it allegedly struck the bicyclist. The motorist behind the wheel of the Mercedes was a 51-year-old male.

Have you lost a loved one due to the negligence of another? Contact an accident attorney today!

accident attorney

Officers that responded to the 911 calls reportedly found the motorist nearby, and he was subsequently interviewed. After the interview, he was taken into custody on suspicion of DUI, according to a department spokeman. Details regarding any possible breath test or blood alcohol test were not initially available. The fatal incident was being investigated by the Major Incident Reconstruction Team of the Huntington Beach Police Department.

When the negligent operation of a motor vehicle contributes to a fatality, state law provides survivors with a means to seek redress in court. Although all the details of this bicycle accident are not fully known, driving while under the influence of alcohol is typically considered negligent conduct in general.

When negligence can be reasonably alleged, a wrongful death lawsuit can be filed on behalf of the survivors of the deceased. Such litigation may seek compensation for medical and burial expenses, pain and suffering endured prior to death, and loss of companionship. An attorney that is focused on this area of the law can seek the full compensation that may be provided for under California state statutes.

To ask any questions that you may have, or to consult with an attorney about the circumstances of your personal situation, please contact us.

Related Posts

2 Killed in Fiery Accident in Santa Ana

Should I Move my Vehicle After a Car Accident?

One Dead in Fullerton Car Crash

No Comments

Silverthorne Attorneys Is A Dynamic Team Devoted To Bringing Justice To Those Injured By The Reckless, Negligent, & Irresponsible Acts Of Others. Experienced In Auto Collisions, Dog Bites, Slip & Falls, Personal Injury and More! If You Or A Loved One Are Injured & Need Legal Assistance, Call Silverthorne Attorneys Today!
... See MoreSee Less


Have you ever wondered if it's too soon or too late to seek medical treatment after your car accident? Click on the link below for more information on how soon you should see a doctor after your accident.
If you are suffering from injuries due to the...

Were you injured in a car accident but your claim was denied by the insurance company? Click on the link below to find out what happens after your claim is denied. And to see if it is possible to recover damages from the insurance company. If you are...

Unsure of what to expect when you hire a car accident lawyer? Click the link below to read more about what you can expect from your accident lawyer at Silverthorne attorneys.
If you have been injured due to the negligent actions of another, contact...

Waiting until after the holiday's to hire an accident attorney can do more damage to your case than good. If you have been injured in an accident this holiday season and are unsure whether or not to hire an attorney, click the link below.
If you have...

Waiting until after the holiday's to hire an accident attorney can do more damage to your case than good. If you have been injured in an accident this holiday season and are...

Load More...