I know we have gone over the steps on hiring a car accident lawyer. However, we want to give you more information on what to look for when you are in the process of hiring an auto accident attorney. First, we want you to know that even if you think you have a small case, you can always contact our office. We will be able to consult you for free. and if it is not an area we can take on, we will gladly point you in the right direction. Below are some tips on what to look for when you are in the process of hiring your accident lawyer.
Hiring An Accident Lawyer
The first thing you want to do in your search is to do your homework. Do as much research as you can. Not all attorneys have expertise in the same areas of practice. If you are injured in an accident that is due to the negligent actions of another driver or drivers, you need an auto accident attorney. You will be able to find out most of the information needed on your candidates by using Google or even visiting the California Bar Association.
Make A List
Once you narrow down your candidates, make a list of what you are looking for. and more importantly, what you need in an accident lawyer. Below are some examples of things to take note of:
- location – though Silverthorne Attorneys is located in Ladera Ranch, we serve all of Orange and LA Counties. If you are unable to come to our office, we will come to you;
- reputation – you always want to check the California Bar website to make sure that the attorney(s) you are considering does not have any complaints. You can also ask around to see if anyone has used the auto accident attorney you are considering on contacting;
- areas of practice – though we briefly touched on this above, you want to make sure that the attorneys your interview and meet with, are able to take on your car accident case
Meeting With Your Candidates
Preparing a list of questions for you accident lawyer is highly recommended. You want to go into the meeting as you would go into your doctors appointment. With that being said, below are a few common questions accident lawyers get when they first meet with potential clients.
- Will you be the only auto accident attorney working on my case?
- What is your fee structure? Do you work on a contingency fee basis?
- How often will you update me on the status of my case?
Again, these are just a few potential questions people ask as well as questions on how the who process works. When we take on a case we usually wait until our clients have completed medical treatment to write our demand. We do this because we want all of the medical records and bills so we know what to demand. Depending on the seriousness of the injuries, we can also include a specified amount for pain and suffering.
Know The Facts
Know the facts about your case and document as much as you possibly can. This includes any pain you may be feeling. Write it down and record as much as you can so that we can send that to the insurance company. When you are at your first meeting with your attorney, make sure you are as detailed as possible. Try not to leave anything out, however, if you do, it’s alright. However, you never want to lie about even the smallest of details to your accident lawyer. It is best to always be honest about everything in the accident because your attorney will likely find. Your attorney will want to see the following:
- medical and traffic reports (we will also order these once you hire us);
- pictures of your injuries and the scene of the accident
- the more pictures you have of your injuries and the damage to your vehicle, the better your case will be;
- if there were any witnesses, you want to get their information
- if the did not give a written statement, your attorney will contact them to get their statement
Auto Accident Attorney | Contact Us Today!
We know that the time after an accident is one of the most stressful times. That is why we are here. We want to make sure that you get not only the best possible representation, but the best medical treatment. the attorneys in our office have access to the best medical professionals in and around Orange County.
If you have been injured in an accident, contact us to discuss your case.