Silverthorne Attorneys Can Help.
Talk to us about your injury now.
Silverthorne Attorneys is a personal injury law firm in Orange County whose top priority and singular focus is the people we represent. We work diligently to make sure that our clients are well taken care of and that their needs are not only met, but come first. Injured now? Do not hesitate to reach out to Silverthorne Attorneys for a free consultation.
How to Prevent Dog Bites
As unfortunate as it may be, dog bites do occur. Even if your dog is not known for biting, a San Clemente dog bite attorney can tell you that we see many dog bite cases involving animals our clients are familiar with. Your San Clemente dog bite lawyer is here to help you through the process of your case. As the local San Clemente dog attack attorney, we have put together a list of ways to help pet parents avoid an attack.
San Clemente Dog Bite Lawyer | Preventing Dog Bites
- When you adopt from an animal shelter or a breeder, make sure they can fill you in on the dog’s background, personality, and behavior with other animals and people.
- Spay or neuter the dog as soon as possible. Spayed or neutered animals are less likely to bite.
- Socialize your dog – take your dog to the dog park or dog beach and let them be around other animals and humans. Socialized dogs are less likely to be aggressive.
- Do not wait for a serious accident to happen – the first time your dog shows aggressive behavior towards another dog or human, seek professional help from a Certified Applied Animal Behaviorist.
- Be aware of your dog’s triggers. Every San Clemente dog attack lawyer suggests that you know what can possibly trigger your dog’s aggression. Injury, sickness, unexpected touching, unfamiliar places and crowds, etc.
- Always supervise children and dogs. Make sure the children are not in the dogs’ face. Teach your children to be gentle and give the dog space when it needs.
- As a San Clemente dog attack lawyer we always suggest that you do not let your dog roam alone.
- Make sure to license your dog. California law requires it and provide regular veterinary care, including rabies shots.
Dogs can be quite possessive when it comes to their “property” – their humans, their food, toys, etc. Guard dogs and especially hearing breeds tend to be the most common offenders. The best thing owners can do is to start training early.
Fear is generally directed towards strangers in unfamiliar situations. Never approach an unfamiliar dog and teach children to do the same. Fear bites often occur when a dog has become startled, so minimizing situations in which a dog is startled or uncomfortable is ideal. Early socialization with people, and other animals may minimize the risk of your dog having phobias.
If an animal is in pain, it is crucial to be gentle around animals who are experiencing any kind of pain. If your dog because snippy for no reason, consider pain to be a possible motive and schedule an appointment with a veterinarian.
If a dog has just given birth to puppies, she is most likely to bite when someone or something comes too close. Teach children to not approach puppies around the mother and use caution when handling the puppies yourself.
This usually occurs when you are running or biking past a dog that can result in a chase. Make sure that you are aware of your environment while you are jogging and see a stray dog roaming on its own. Do not try to make eye contact with the animal, as the dog will see this as a challenge and chase you. A dog may come up to you and sniff you, but may find you uninteresting and move on to something else.
Make sure that you are taking every precaution when it comes to being around an unfamiliar animal.
Suffering from injuries? Contact a San Clemente dog bite lawyer today!
If you are suffering from injuries and need a San Clemente personal injury attorney, contact us today. Consultations are free!