The end of Summer inevitably brings the beginning of a new school year! You know what that means – carpools, an influx of children walking to and from school, kids on bikes and skateboards, and so much more! Which means that while we all get into the swing of things, we need to make sure that we are paying close attention to what is going on around us.
As the new school year is quickly approaching, here are some safety tips for you and your kids:
- When dropping off the kids, make sure not to double park – it can block visibility.
- Don’t block the crosswalk forcing pedestrians to walk around your car – this puts them in danger of moving traffic.
- Be extra vigilant in school zones and residential neighborhoods.
- Watch for bikes and skateboards coming driveways or behind parked cars.
- Make sure the kids are looking both ways as they are crossing the street.
- The buddy system work wonders – if the kids are walking, riding, biking, etc. to and from school, make sure they have a buddy with them at all times.
- Pay attention to your surroundings and try not to drive distracted.
It’s impossible to watch our kids every second of the day. but if we slow down and remember that they too are getting back into their school routine, our days will go a lot smoother.
Are You Suffering from Injuries Due to an Accident? Contact a Personal Injury Attorney Today!
With the school year upon us, it is best to be extra careful when we are on the road. If you are suffering from injuries due to an accident, please do not hesitate contact a personal injury attorney in our office. Consultations are free.