Any accident lawyer can tell you that injuries happen every day. Sometimes they are minor such as a twisted ankle or a bruised knee. but there are other injuries that are classified as catastrophic.
What is a Catastrophic Injury?
It is a sudden, life-altering injury from which you may never fully recover. It can effect your career and how you handle other day-to-day tasks.
Catastrophic injuries include:
- Blunt force trauma – When a forceful impact of an object makes contact with a body part, it can cause serious injuries, especially to the head.
- Amputation – a leg or arm is sometimes amputated after a motor vehicle accident, work injury, or other serious event. Workers who operate heavy machinery are in the highest risk category for this type of injury. Victims can learn to use a prosthetic in order to gain greater function or more confidence in a social setting.
- Acoustic trauma – This is an inner ear related injury that damages a person’s hearing. It is usually caused by a ruptured ear drum, an incredibly loud noise, or exposure to a low decibel noise over an extended period of time.
- Crushing injury – Each year over 100,000 workers suffer from this type of injury. It happens when a person gets caught between two heavy and solid objects.
- Spinal cord injuries – When damage to any part of the spinal cord occurs, it will likely cause paralysis because the spinal cord cannot repair itself after an injury. the amount of feeling and movement a victim will have depends on if the injury was complete or incomplete.
- Burn Injuries – Someone who suffers a first degree burn generally does not need medical attention. However, those with severe burns need immediate help. Victims can be left with severe scaring or loss of limb or muscle tone.
Suffering from Injuries? Contact an Accident Lawyer Today!
Every accident lawyer in our office is familiar with the tactics of the insurance companies. They are not on your side. Their job is to save their company as much money as they can. Even if that means it is at the expense of your injuries. That is where an experienced accident lawyer comes in. Seeing as we know how they work, we will not allow them to bully us. We will do everything in our power to make sure that you receive the best possible settlement.