An auto accident can happen in a split second, leaving you severely injured and unable to work. While you cannot undo the accident, you can protect yourself and your future by hiring an experienced Victorville car accident lawyer. As you recover, a lawyer can help you build a solid claim to maximize your compensation.
If you have suffered a car accident injury in Victorville or elsewhere in San Bernardino County, call Silverthorne Attorneys today. No matter how you were injured, we are ready to help. We are always available to answer any questions you may have. We provide a free consultation to discuss your case, and we charge no fees unless and until we collect money for you.
Call us or use our online contact form to schedule your free consultation.
How Our Victorville Car Accident Attorney Can Help You
After an auto accident, we can help you in a variety of ways:
- Figuring out what really happened in your car accident and who should be held accountable
- Serving as your point of contact from the start to the finish of your case
- Analyzing your case under state and federal law
- Gathering important documents, reports, and evidence needed for your claim
- Negotiating with the insurance company of the person who caused your car crash
- Fighting for you and your compensation in court, if necessary
Fighting for Full Compensation After Your Car Accident
After an auto accident in Victorville, our car accident law firm can help you seek these types of compensation:
- Lost wages and lost opportunities. This may include the wages you lost if your injury put you out of work for any time. It may also include the cost of future opportunities that you will lose because of your injuries.
- Medical bills. A car crash can result in severe injuries that require major medical treatments. Surgeries, physical therapy, medical accommodations and other medical care can leave you with costly bills. A car accident claim may include compensation for these costs.
- Pain and suffering. Auto accidents can leave individuals and families with lingering pain. A claim may include compensation for these injuries.
- Emotional distress. After an accident, you may experience depression, anxiety, sleeplessness, and many other disruptions of your daily life. Compensation may be available for these harms.
- Property repair or replacement. Car wrecks can take away one of your most valuable possessions: your vehicle. A claim may include the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle. A claim may also cover your personal possessions, such as electronics and jewelry that were damaged or destroyed in the accident.
- Wrongful death. If you have lost a loved one in a car crash, a wrongful death claim may help. The claim might cover compensation for the support and care that the loved one provided. The claim may also include compensation for you loved one’s funeral and burial costs.
After a car accident injury, speak with a Victorville car accident lawyer. A lawyer can analyze your car accident case to see if these and other types of compensation may be available.
How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Claim?
For most auto accidents that take place in California, you have two years from the date of the accident to file your claim. If someone you love passed away because of the accident, you have two years from the date of their passing.
If you have questions about whether you can file a claim, speak as soon as possible with a car accident lawyer.
Tips for Protecting Your Rights After a Car Accident in Victorville
After a car accident, take these steps to protect yourself and your family:
- Avoid discussions at the accident scene. Emotions run high after an accident, and those involved may believe they know what happened. However, that may not be the case. Stay calm, and do not discuss the accident. Let investigators figure out what caused the crash.
- Call the police and medical personnel if needed. In a serious crash, call emergency services to the scene if anyone suffered injuries. Also call the police so that an officer can prepare an accident report. Ask for a copy of the report, as it may be helpful to your accident claim.
- Take photos of the accident scene. Take pictures of any damage to the vehicles, as well as traffic conditions. Include a picture of the weather conditions, if relevant.
- Photograph your injuries if possible. After medical treatment, your injuries may look significantly different. Photos of your injuries at the time of the accident can be an important piece of evidence.
- Speak with a car accident lawyer. A lawyer knows how to build your claim and help you take the right steps from the beginning.
Talk to a Victorville Car Accident Attorney Today
If you have been injured in a car accident, contact Silverthorne Attorneys today. As a trusted car accident law firm serving Victorville, we understand the challenges you face. We are ready to stand up to insurance companies and those who are responsible for your accident. We do not charge any fees unless and until we recover money for you. We also offer a free consultation to review your case.
After a car crash, focus on healing and let us handle the rest. Call us today or use our online contact form.